A blog of creative and thoughtful writing. Author information at bottom of page. NOW WITH PICTURES

Monday, July 22, 2013

Elevenses

I try to write down things
I hear when I walk around.
Did you know you can have
A heart-attack from shoveling snow?
There is a punk version of Hamlet.
Karaoke comes from two words
In Japanese, the first meaning empty,
The second meaning orchestra.
Elephants have four knees.
The average male eats about
Thirty-five thousand cookies.
Whiskey is not the same as whisky,
And only the Scots know the difference.
Also, 4% of barreled whiskey evaporates
Before it is bottled and taxed more
Than an average American is taxed.
My neighbor eats cookies with whiskey.
I have never seen an elephant,
But I have seen Hamlet.
I keep my singing in the shower.
I shovel snow.
I avoid cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment